It is currently Sun 24 Mar 2019 17:51 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!
    Kay and Dave would like to wish all our readers with Irish connections a very happy St Patrick's Day!

State schools/education

Need suitable schools

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

Need suitable schools

Postby cherry » Thu 14 Jul 2011 08:42 GMT

I am looking to move to Malta after 25 years in Africa because with a retired husband, we are finding the school fees too much. I have a 10 year old daughter who is quite academic and a 13 year old son who is not academic in the least but is an excellent all-rounder in sports, diving and sailing. I need to find a good state school that would suit them, in an area that is not too expensive but close to the sea. None of us speak Maltese and that, at their ages, is yet another consideration. I would be so, so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
Posted by:
cherry

Postby gozomark » Thu 14 Jul 2011 09:05 GMT

Hi cherry, and welcome to the forum :-)

Are you EU citizens ? Do you intend on working in Malta, or will you be self supporting income wise ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby cherry » Thu 14 Jul 2011 10:45 GMT

Hi

We are EU citizens and we will be self-supporting until we sell our house in Africa, which may take some time.
Posted by:
cherry

Return to State schools/education