It is currently Sun 24 Mar 2019 04:42 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!
    Kay and Dave would like to wish all our readers with Irish connections a very happy St Patrick's Day!

State schools/education

Schools that teach in English

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

Schools that teach in English

Postby pindababe » Sun 8 Jan 2012 12:35 GMT

Hi I'm looking for a good list of schools that teach in English preferably a free school as I dont think we will be able to afford the private sector I'm looking mainly up the North of the Island any help greatly appreciated I will need primary and secondary or an all in one thanks :wink:
Posted by:
pindababe

Postby gozomark » Sun 8 Jan 2012 13:56 GMT

Hi, and welcome to the forum :-)

All schools have to teach in English if any pupil in the class can't understand Maltese - thats the theory - the best thing to do would be to look at schools with a lot of non Maltese kids already attending, sdo generally where foreigners live - Mellieha could be worth a look at
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby pindababe » Sun 8 Jan 2012 14:30 GMT

thanks gozomark that was one of the places I was considering looking at properties I will see what schools are in the area, although I thought the state schools taught in maltese and the church schools taught in English or have I got it completely wrong :?
Posted by:
pindababe

Postby mcecaro » Thu 14 Jun 2012 14:02 GMT

I have your same issue - have you come up with a solution? have you founf anything?

your reply is mostly appreciated.
Posted by:
mcecaro

Postby weewelshlass » Sun 7 Oct 2012 17:27 GMT

hi pindababe,

i am also in your position where i am looking for an english teaching and speaking school, poss in the mellieha area. i can appriciate that your post was a little while ago so hopefully you have found somewhere. any advice would be fab
thanks
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
weewelshlass
Free member

Return to State schools/education