It is currently Fri 27 Nov 2020 08:45 GMT
Change font size

Getting around on Malta and Gozo

Taxi Drivers.....Why not have a haggle?

Info on buses, taxis, and other means of getting around.

Taxi Drivers.....Why not have a haggle?

Postby lol » Mon 22 Dec 2008 19:18 GMT

I stood nearby a taxi an Victoria last week and overheard a man asking "how much to Munxar" to which the driver replied "5.50 euros", the man held up his hand and said "I'll give you 4"....the taxi driver came back with "5 is the lowest" and off they went to Munxar; I looked at the board with the price 'guides' for the taxi rides from Victoria to the different villages and was surprised to see that Victoria to Munxar should be approx e6,50 (you can be sure it would be more if it was on the meter) 8) ...The moral of this story is before getting into any taxi at is always worth trying to haggle a bit for a best fixed price and agreeing on it first., the secret of a successful haggle is not being too insulting with your first offer!..........Haggling is in the Maltese and Gozitan blood and has been for a long time, my grandma was a champ at at and couldn't resist even on a visit to Marks and Spencer in England one year to try and get a better deal at the till!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lol
Free member

Return to Getting around on Malta and Gozo