It is currently Fri 27 Nov 2020 09:31 GMT
Change font size

Getting around on Malta and Gozo

Daily commute

Info on buses, taxis, and other means of getting around.

Daily commute

Postby Didialex » Sat 7 Mar 2009 14:42 GMT

Hi Mark, love to pups and cats x
Lovely to meet you and hope it's warmer for you now or have you retreated into the sauna/spa for good :D Not the right place to ask I'm sure but how's Charlie? Is he coming out a bit more now?

Could I ask when we drove over to Gozo no one checked our tickets on the way back to Malta (obviously we'd paid on malta)...On a daily basis if travelling from Gozo to Malta and then return where do you purchase a ticket? Also does the ferry run even if the weather is bad? Just wondered how that affected folk who were commuting over to work.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Didialex
Free member

Postby gozomark » Sat 7 Mar 2009 14:51 GMT

Hi :D

Charlie is getting better and better, and Zeza, one of the black puppies upstairs you saw, was rehomed this week.

ferry - the ticket you buy in Malta is a return, so nobody checks you leaving Gozo - in your case, you would buy the ticket coming back to Gozo. The ferry used to be cancelled in bad weather, but with the new terminals it has to be exceptionally bad weather to be cancelled now - even today when its very windy, its still running, but going the long way round Comino, so takes 45-60 minutes rather than 25, but is still running.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Daily commute

Postby Didialex » Sat 7 Mar 2009 15:11 GMT

Excellent, but doesn't that mean that if you live on Gozo and commute to Malta you will only ever buy a "single" ticket? Or are all tickets based on a return trip? Wish I'd paid attention more now :oops:

Good news for Zeza, fingers crossed for Tracie and of course Charlie and all the others - have subscribed to the newsletter by the way and sent a donation.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Didialex
Free member

Postby gozomark » Sat 7 Mar 2009 15:14 GMT

all tickets are return, and if you have Gozo ID card are much cheaper as well :D

thank you for the donation :D - would you like to receive the weekly email I send out for Gozo SPCA as well ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Getting around on Malta and Gozo