It is currently Fri 27 Nov 2020 08:52 GMT
Change font size

Getting around on Malta and Gozo

Cost of Taxi from Airport to Sliema

Info on buses, taxis, and other means of getting around.

Cost of Taxi from Airport to Sliema

Postby fatmanfilms » Wed 3 Aug 2011 14:46 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to find out the cost of a taxi from the Airport to Sliema , not sure if it's worth hiring a car for a week or not!

Many thanks in advance

Stephen
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
fatmanfilms
Free member

Postby chris green » Wed 3 Aug 2011 15:24 GMT

Hi Stephen: Simples! I googled "malta airport taxi info" and all the information you require is there.

Buy your ticket at the taxi office and it will be €20. Enjoy your visit. :lol: :mrgreen:
THE FACTS LAB BOOK of INSECTS by the team McMahon. Available from Amazon.

Soon to be a major HOLLYWOOD movie !!!
Posted by:
chris green
Supporter

Postby robmalta » Wed 3 Aug 2011 15:27 GMT

Taxi cost me €19 Sliema to Airport. I think this is fairly standard. Was with a pick up at the door, so maybe cheaper is available.

On a personal note I would hire a car! If you are not afraid of a bit of cowboy driving that is. It makes seeing the Island much easier. Just watch out for the speed cameras (list of them somewhere on the forum if you search)!
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
robmalta
Premium Member

Postby fatmanfilms » Wed 3 Aug 2011 16:13 GMT

Thanks very much for the info.

Here is the link to the Taxi prices, if anyone finds this thread later.
http://www.maltairport.com/page.asp?p=17163
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
fatmanfilms
Free member

Postby antoinemalta » Sat 14 Jul 2012 17:55 GMT

Hello, you can have a taxi from the airport to all the main area around Sliema and St Julians for 19 EUR. When you take a taxi from the airport, thats one of the only place in Malta where you can be sure the official price will be respected. Then, we you take a taxi anywhere else, be carefull and always agree the price with the driver before he starts driving.
Posted by:
antoinemalta

Postby gozomark » Sun 15 Jul 2012 09:20 GMT

Hi Antoine, and welcome to the forum :-)
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby JJ » Sun 15 Jul 2012 22:47 GMT

To paraphrase someone, there are liars, damned liars and Maltese taxi drivers. Apologies if I've posted this before but a few years ago when I was living in Għarb and the family were over, it was a Sunday, we'd gone into Victoria for lunch and were waiting at the bus stop at Savina Square. A taxi pulled up and shouted across that there were no buses on a Sunday and he'd do us a special price of only €16 (the price published on the board at the taxi rank 200m away was then about €6.50). We told him that we were waiting for the bus so he repeated himself, I said we were only just at Għarb anyway so we could walk so he reduced his price to €14, I pointed out the timetable and he said it was wrong, I said we'd wait and he started telling my family what an imbecile I was not to accept his generous offer. Eventually he realised that they weren't laughing with him but at him and that the growing noise was the bus behind him hooting for him to clear the stop so it could take us on board. :crackup:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
JJ

Postby Dave » Mon 16 Jul 2012 02:17 GMT

Great comedy moment. :twisted: :lol:
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SteveGill » Mon 16 Jul 2012 06:00 GMT

:lol:
Posted by:
SteveGill
Premium Member

Return to Getting around on Malta and Gozo