It is currently Fri 27 Nov 2020 08:42 GMT
Change font size

Getting around on Malta and Gozo

Airport collection service.

Info on buses, taxis, and other means of getting around.

Airport collection service.

Postby PeaCakes » Tue 24 Sep 2013 19:14 GMT

Does anyone know if there are taxis in Gozo who will pop over to the airport to collect visiting guests and bring them back to our home in Gozo? What sort of cost might it be if it was in the middle of the night (otherwise I would go myself!)?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
PeaCakes
Premium Member

Postby achim » Tue 24 Sep 2013 20:12 GMT

yes, there are - we came over with a van for €85, although a smaller car is cheaper - around €60 or so. Not sure if middle of night makes a difference
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
achim
Free member

Postby PeaCakes » Tue 24 Sep 2013 20:47 GMT

achim wrote:yes, there are - we came over with a van for €85, although a smaller car is cheaper - around €60 or so. Not sure if middle of night makes a difference

Thanks again......it's in the budget for the family visits/holidays! although the wife has just said they should pay as they won't be paying for rent or food etc!!!
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
PeaCakes
Premium Member

Postby achim » Tue 24 Sep 2013 20:53 GMT

for visits and not a lot of luggage, I'd recommend to get a transfer service, which is €35 for up tp 4 people. They drop you off at the ferry and a different car picks you up on the other side (and of course you have to pay for the ferry). If there's little luggage, there's no point having the taxi bear the cost of the ferry and the extra time....
and of course your guests should pick up their own tab, although mine keep getting away with the "have no Euros" excuse on the way over :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
achim
Free member

Postby JJ » Tue 24 Sep 2013 21:09 GMT

I pay €30 for the split transfer (named in the Recommended Suppliers forum) but the same firm will do a direct transfer for €50 but charge €10-20 more for overnight arrivals or early departures because of the potential waiting time for the ferry and the unsociable hours.

although mine keep getting away with the "have no Euros" excuse

You're not alone. :brickwall:
Posted by:
JJ

Postby dp600 » Wed 25 Sep 2013 06:06 GMT

I have a post on Recommended suppliers ,it costa around 7 Euro
Posted by:
dp600
Premium Member

Postby FOXGLOVE » Wed 25 Sep 2013 06:18 GMT

We have always used straight through transfers and they have ranged from e63 down to e55. The 'taxi' has always been a minibus for sole use and the cheaper one was at 2.45am!

Even though there is a luggage transfer system on the ferry the straight through taxi takes a lot of hassle out of the journey.

Ray
Posted by:
FOXGLOVE
Free member

Postby PeaCakes » Mon 7 Oct 2013 18:37 GMT

FOXGLOVE wrote:We have always used straight through transfers and they have ranged from e63 down to e55. The 'taxi' has always been a minibus for sole use and the cheaper one was at 2.45am!

Even though there is a luggage transfer system on the ferry the straight through taxi takes a lot of hassle out of the journey.

Ray

Thanks Ray,
Sorry, I did not see your response earlier!!
Sounds like something we will use in future...especially when the wee ones start coming over!
Posted by:
PeaCakes
Premium Member

Return to Getting around on Malta and Gozo