It is currently Tue 12 Nov 2019 06:56 GMT
Change font size

ICT & electrical

LX, water and telephone/broadband installation

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

LX, water and telephone/broadband installation

Postby Romdormer » Thu 21 Jan 2016 18:22 GMT

Hi

I am in the process of buying a house in Malta and coming over in March to "set up". Researching Electricity, water and telephone installation - I am not clear if I will need an e-residence card to set these up. If so ... how long does this take? And how will we manage with no lx, broadband etc during that time?

Can anyone advise?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Romdormer
Premium Member

Re: LX, water and telephone/broadband installation

Postby ozzy » Fri 22 Jan 2016 11:09 GMT

Hi .. i used a Vodaafone Internet key for internet without the normal connection .. it is about the size of a usb memory stick and workes off a sim card just like a mobile phone .. not cheap but it will get you online .... https://www.vodafone.com.mt/vodafoneinternetkey

it worked so well i stay with them on their home internet with a modem that worked the same way for 30 euro's a month .. no telephone line needed
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ozzy
Free member

Postby Romdormer » Fri 22 Jan 2016 19:05 GMT

Thanx for the tip, Ozzy.

How did you manage for electricity and water? Did you have to have an e-residency card before you could apply?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Romdormer
Premium Member

Postby ozzy » Sat 23 Jan 2016 08:24 GMT

Not sure about if you are the owner of the property ... as i am renting for which i used the Form H to get the cheap rate ...
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ozzy
Free member

Postby Romdormer » Sat 23 Jan 2016 12:56 GMT

Thanx for the help ... will look into it.

Cheers
Dawn
Posted by:
Romdormer
Premium Member

Return to ICT & electrical