It is currently Sat 24 Aug 2019 14:35 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Family issues

How have your children settled

All about the ins and outs of family life - kids, parents, and all the other domestic stuff. (Anecdotes and updates about your family belong in the Knight & Rabbit, not here.)

How have your children settled

Postby mark-m » Mon 29 May 2006 19:41 GMT

Hi Everyone
I would be grateful to hear how your children have settled into your new life in Malta. We have 4 children 2 that will be attending secondary school and 2 primary school. What do the kids think of their new schools? Have they made friends? How long did it take to settle? Was the language a problem? Anything you can tell us we would be grateful. Thankyou Mark
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
mark-m
Free member

Postby Ginger » Thu 1 Jun 2006 08:03 GMT

Hi Mark,
I'll be interested to see any replies on your post as we've got an 11 year old who will be starting secondary school in September in Malta.
I'm anxious that she'll make friends and settle in too......
:)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Ginger
Free member

Postby Ginger » Mon 12 Jun 2006 17:01 GMT

Nothing to add to your thread I'm afraid Mark, I'm desperate for information on this too.....
What area are you and the family going to as I'm interested where most expats are sending their kids to school?
Posted by:
Ginger
Free member

Postby Duke » Wed 14 Jun 2006 13:05 GMT

It's a bit too late for me...mine are in their 20's now...but one thing I do know....kids being kids...will make friends anywhere...they don't suffer from the same social constraints, bigotry and predjudices that adults do..they just get on with it.
Posted by:
Duke
Free member

Postby Ginger » Wed 14 Jun 2006 13:43 GMT

Hopefully, that will be the case with my 11 year old..... She's at a tricky phase at the moment.
Posted by:
Ginger
Free member

Return to Family issues