It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 15:24 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Family issues

Frustated Mum

All about the ins and outs of family life - kids, parents, and all the other domestic stuff. (Anecdotes and updates about your family belong in the Knight & Rabbit, not here.)

Frustated Mum

Postby Russell_Stutely » Thu 7 Aug 2008 17:56 GMT

Hi

Our little family moved to Gozo about 6 months ago and we love it here! BUT.... I have had a look at a nursery here and that was not for our little 10 month old girl. Does anyone know of a good nursery here? Or a playgroup, a private childminder that she could join for a couple of days a week? I think its so important for her to meet other children.

I'm thinking about taking her to Malta, but all the hassle etc....

Let me hear some thoughts, please.

Thanks!

Charlotte (Russells other half) :?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Russell_Stutely
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 7 Aug 2008 18:18 GMT

Hi Charlotte

delighted to hear things going well for you - how's your dog coping with the heat ?

I don't know of any nurseries or child minders. However, maybe go into your local council office, ask in the local shops (maybe they have adverts for child minders ??), pop into the local school and ask for recommendations ? There maybe a church run group

ps I think its time you updated your location details, now you are a fully fledged resident of the Republic of Gozo :D
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Russell_Stutely » Thu 7 Aug 2008 18:31 GMT

Thank you, Ill try that. Good idea;-)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Russell_Stutely
Free member

Postby Emmax » Thu 4 Nov 2010 20:05 GMT

Hi Charlotte,

Although your message is more than two years old, I'm gonna give it a try anyway because at the moment I'm in exactly the same position that you we're at the time. Maybe by now you have some tips for me about playgroups etc.? I would be so glad to hear about it!
Posted by:
Emmax

Return to Family issues