It is currently Sun 25 Oct 2020 22:18 GMT
Change font size

Family issues

Family of 4 needing transition info please

All about the ins and outs of family life - kids, parents, and all the other domestic stuff. (Anecdotes and updates about your family belong in the Knight & Rabbit, not here.)

Family of 4 needing transition info please

Postby AWmummy » Sat 2 Apr 2011 18:28 GMT

Calling all families,

I was hoping someone could take time out and offer us some family advice please. We have a 3 year old and a 12 year old and are looking to move to Malta from northwest England UK within the next year or so. Could someone please let us know how they managed to settle a family, find work and make a new home? how stressful is it going to be and how much time will our children be out of school during the transition? Infact how long will the transition period be on average? oh so many questions i know. sorry.

I lived in Malta when i was 21-22 but it was easy as it was just me! 15 years on i'm desperate to return but need to make sure it's as smooth as possible for my family.

Axx
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
AWmummy
Free member

Postby halljenw » Thu 5 May 2011 15:27 GMT

Hi, my family and I moved out here only last month from West Yorkshire. I have two children aged 5 & 9, and they finished school in England as they broke up for Easter holidays. I have spent the past 2 weeks back & forth to various depts, but they finally start school tomorrow. Stressful - yes afraid so. However, all in all, taking into account the Easter holidays they will have only missed about a week and half. Out of everything, I think getting the car sorted out is being the hardest, and this is still in process! My husband is at work during the day so it has been down to me to sort all the red-tape/legal stuff out for us all. We are living in Qawra, lots of expats and the school is supposed to be really good. Hope this is a bit helpful.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
halljenw
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 5 May 2011 15:58 GMT

Thanks for a useful first post halljenw, and welcome to the forum :-)

Several members have registered cars recently, and have posted on the motoring forum
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby halljenw » Thu 5 May 2011 17:26 GMT

Thanks for that GozoMark. Yes, I have read all of the info on the Motoring forums which has been very helpful. Hopefully I will be sorted cum this time next week.
Posted by:
halljenw
Free member

Return to Family issues