It is currently Sat 7 Dec 2019 06:01 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Family issues

Can my Fiancee and I get married in Malta and then stay?

All about the ins and outs of family life - kids, parents, and all the other domestic stuff. (Anecdotes and updates about your family belong in the Knight & Rabbit, not here.)

Can my Fiancee and I get married in Malta and then stay?

Postby itstimetogo » Sat 16 Mar 2013 03:10 GMT

Hello,

I am British (English) and my Fiancee is a Non EU Citizen. .

However, what we were wondering is can we get married in Malta together and simply stay there after we marry in Malta and then apply for a residence card without leaving Malta after we are married and then get a residence card and simply carry on living there together? We thought it would be nice to get married in the country we will make our home rather than outside.

My Fiancee is not from a Schenhan country (I got mixed up) but is from a country that is allowed visa-free access to the EU’s Schengen zone" - A VISA IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER MALTA ACCORDING TO THE CENTRAL VISA UNIT."

However, does she need a specific type of visa for us to get married in Malta? Are there any stipulations that will prohibit my Fiancee from entering Malta if we plan to marry there and then stay there even though she can enter Malta without a visa?

Thanks so much for any help anyone can help with?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
itstimetogo
Free member

Postby gozomark » Sat 16 Mar 2013 06:31 GMT

This link provides answers to many of your wedding questions . There is also an email address to the registrar :-)

http://www.visitmalta.com/en/civil-weddings
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Family issues