It is currently Fri 6 Dec 2019 01:39 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Family issues

Meet new friends

All about the ins and outs of family life - kids, parents, and all the other domestic stuff. (Anecdotes and updates about your family belong in the Knight & Rabbit, not here.)

Meet new friends

Postby Alli » Mon 23 Dec 2013 14:39 GMT

Hi Folks

Me & my partner move to Malta in January as my partners work will be based here for a couple of years. I have a 13 yr old son and 2 year old border collie!! We are both 46 and would love to meet up with some friends. We are from Aberdeen in Scotland and have found a rental property in Santa Maria Estate. I will be looking to meet for coffee, dog walking, shopping etc as my partner will be at work. Please get in touch. I haven't lived abroad before.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Alli
Premium Member

Postby Dave » Mon 23 Dec 2013 14:56 GMT

Hi, Alli, and welcome. Thanks for signing up for Premium Membership too!

Best of luck with the move. Moving overseas for the first time is a great adventure when you're 13 - that's how old I was when I first lived abroad. (Germany - my Dad was in the RAF.) A bit more hard work for the adults, of course! But you'll find plenty of support on here, I'm sure. :-D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby gozomark » Mon 23 Dec 2013 17:44 GMT

Hi Alli, and welcome - is that Santa Maria Estate in Mellieha ? If so, very nice :-)
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Alli » Tue 24 Dec 2013 23:02 GMT

Thanks, yes its in Mellieha although I haven't a clue what the areas are like yet!!!!
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Alli
Premium Member

Postby maxine » Thu 26 Dec 2013 21:15 GMT

There is a very nice cafe/bar on the left hand side of the main road coming into Mellieha run by good friends of ours, Kahn and Billy. I don't think I can mention their name on this forum. They are Scots too. In fact there is quite a strong Scottish contingent in Mellieha :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maxine
Free member

Postby Alli » Thu 26 Dec 2013 22:46 GMT

Thanks Maxine I will have to have a lookout for there! Any advice on anything is appreciated as just had a quick drive through the area when we were viewing villas.
Posted by:
Alli
Premium Member

Postby SandT » Fri 27 Dec 2013 09:19 GMT

Hi Alli, following our PMs, we shall meet up with you once you are here and settled in and also we have got to "know" Maxine via this forum and the Noah's Ark shop whilst it was open. Could be a nice new friendship circle!

Sheelagh
Posted by:
SandT
Supporter

Postby maxine » Fri 27 Dec 2013 10:47 GMT

We will be back in Mellieha around the 8th January so if everyone fancies meeting up at the bar/cafe for a get together then I can arrange something - Karn does an awesome Steak Pie :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maxine
Free member

Postby SandT » Fri 27 Dec 2013 11:51 GMT

Sounds like a plan! See you both next month some time!

Sheelagh
Posted by:
SandT
Supporter

Postby Playbyte » Fri 27 Dec 2013 12:41 GMT

We are coming over for a month in mid April and would love to meet up with you all.

This coming year will be filled with lots to do for our final move to Malta at the end of Dec next year, so meeting up with people for a chat about tips would be most welcome to us.

Roger & Marion
Posted by:
Playbyte
Free member

Postby SandT » Fri 27 Dec 2013 13:28 GMT

I think that we have been in touch too - a little earlier on this year, Roger. Just remind us as your arrival time approaches. You can use the PM as a good way of contacting.

Sheelagh
Posted by:
SandT
Supporter

Postby SandT » Fri 27 Dec 2013 13:34 GMT

We and several of our friends tend to meet on some mornings at another smallish café on the right as you walk down the hill a few shops after you have passed the HSBC (same side) in Mellieha. It has a small groceries shop to the right of it and you can walk through this into their café part. Can't says names in this section!

It has been opened exactly a year and is popular and welcoming.
Posted by:
SandT
Supporter

Return to Family issues