It is currently Thu 18 Apr 2019 18:25 GMT
Change font size

Bad Vibes

Mosquitos

Nothing's perfect anywhere. This forum is for discussion about the imperfections, drawbacks and disappointments that you might face in Malta.

Postby Red » Wed 19 Sep 2012 07:15 GMT

rasputinluv,

Just in case you haven't thought, remember to plant seeds at least 2 months before the date on the packets, when imported from England, or when directions are in English.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Red
Supporter

Postby dave dee » Thu 20 Sep 2012 06:27 GMT

Rachy wrote:Thank you Dave that made me laugh this morning - good to start the day with a smile. :crackup:

Thanks for that Rachy, your post made me smile too. :)
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
dave dee
Supporter

Postby rasputinluv » Sat 22 Sep 2012 16:56 GMT

gozomark wrote:"Bought some Lavender seeds also which were an import from UK and selling at twice the price. " - there are two types of lavender - French and English - the English has a life twice that of the French - maybe linked to that ??

Twice the price for what it sells in UK !
Posted by:
rasputinluv
Premium Member

Postby rasputinluv » Sat 22 Sep 2012 17:03 GMT

Red wrote:rasputinluv,

Just in case you haven't thought, remember to plant seeds at least 2 months before the date on the packets, when imported from England, or when directions are in English.

Thanks dear RED- I just took a chance by planting early. Plenty of seeds left to take more 'off the norm' chances ! Do not have patience to wait till spring but will leave plenty to plant 2 months before spring as well.
will tell if any positive results..
Posted by:
rasputinluv
Premium Member

Postby svale » Sun 24 Aug 2014 18:22 GMT

My home remedy which was recommended to me by a Maltese is a diluted solution of Detol.

I go along with the dark and pif paf solution. I close everywhere and spray early in the evening which at least gets rid of the insects which are present. When I go to bed, I open the window and put a ceiling fan on. The fan helps keep them away. Not ideal
Posted by:
svale
Premium Member

Postby rasputinluv » Mon 6 Oct 2014 16:39 GMT

One more remedy is 'Skin so soft' moisturizer spray from Avon. Also available on Amazon.
Smells very nice, but not sure yet if it works 100%.
Posted by:
rasputinluv
Premium Member

Postby svale » Sat 11 Oct 2014 14:07 GMT

I've heard of that remedy as well. It's very popular in the USA
Posted by:
svale
Premium Member

Postby dave dee » Tue 21 Oct 2014 21:05 GMT

Enough, I used to look forward to a Winter break from mosquito but the last couple of years they have evolved into all year rounders and nippy little buggers too, I have got to a state where I look like I have a bad dose of chicken pox or worse, I can no longer don my speedo's and take to the beach through them, my wife carries a killer spray around the house in her holster.
Posted by:
dave dee
Supporter

Previous

Return to Bad Vibes