It is currently Sat 19 Oct 2019 14:30 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Malta - Jumble Sale

Preliminary questions about living in Malta/Gozo

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Malta. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

Preliminary questions about living in Malta/Gozo

Postby cliviticus » Tue 20 Jan 2009 10:50 GMT

Hi,
Thanks to whoever started this Forum, been extremely useful.

A couple of questions:-
I am looking to retire to your part of the world in the next 12 months, and I have read that the climate can be quite severe, i.e. blisteringly hot in the summer, strong winds (the summer one particularly unpleasant), and storms in the winter. If any of this is accurate, are some areas better to live than others? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Regarding the costs of buying a home/living. I assume the property market is showing a downturn like everywhere else? What are approximate costs on top of the buying price? Everyday costs, food, utilities, council tax, how do they compare with England please?

Thank you
Posted by:
cliviticus

Postby gozomark » Tue 20 Jan 2009 11:07 GMT

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

weather - http://www.maltaweather.com/climate.shtml
gives a good review of the seasonal patterns

Regarding the costs of buying a home/living. I assume the property market is showing a downturn like everywhere else? What are approximate costs on top of the buying price? Everyday costs, food, utilities, council tax, how do they compare with England please? - alot of this is answered elsewhere on the forum. Please have a look using the search engine, and if you can't find the answers, please ask your questions separately on the respective forums. We ask people to do this to make the forums easier to navigate for future users - thanks

I've moved this to "jumble sale" as it covers so many different areas, and I've locked it - please read the posting guidelines
http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/ ... 5596#43302
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Malta - Jumble Sale