It is currently Sun 21 Jul 2019 17:09 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Repatriation

Best Place to Advertise a UK Property for Sale in Oz

Here's where to discuss the practicalities and issues involved in moving back to the UK.

Best Place to Advertise a UK Property for Sale in Oz

Postby Gauguin59 » Fri 15 Feb 2013 05:29 GMT

I have a property in the UK to sell to raise funds for buying in Oz. I know a lot of you have been there and done that. As with many experiences with hindsight you may have done things better and easier. The bungalow is up for sale, no chain etc. All's going well I'm just waiting for a buyer as the market slowly picks up. I see from previous postings that a lot of folk want to return for various reasons and I was thinking, there must be a place they can look, in Oz for houses back home. True they can surf the Net, ask family etc. but does anyone know of a specific magazine or e-newsletter I could advertise in. By the way, when the cute mature Scots lady at the agency took down the property details she asked if I was 'in'ta chain' which I misheard a's into chains' No, I replied straight faced, but I don't mind a little light bondage! Why, will that help me sell the house? :oop:
Posted by:
Gauguin59

Postby Kay » Fri 15 Feb 2013 07:40 GMT

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't think that the repat market is a very big one, so you'd not reach a wide market by advertising to that demographic.

I expect the best bet would be to use your preferred local estate agent in the UK. The best ones are all tied into the major UK property sites. That's how we sold our house.

If anyone in Oz, or Timbuktu, or anywhere else wants to buy a house in the UK, all they have to do is to go to their favourite search engine and search for property in the UK. What could be simpler?
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sun 10 Mar 2013 06:24 GMT

Topic locked.

Gauguin59 made three almost identical posts in separate fora, aiming at would-be repatriates in three different markets, which seems a labour-intensive of going about things, for the reasons Kay explains.

Today someone has come along, joined up and used their first post to recommend a website, against our posting guidelines. Just three words: "Try [name] website". No introduction, no other contribution to this site.

It seems likely that others will follow, so I've locked the topic.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Repatriation