It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 02:40 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Repatriation

Moving away from the UK

Here's where to discuss the practicalities and issues involved in moving back to the UK.

Moving away from the UK

Postby cosbardi » Wed 26 Apr 2006 11:11 GMT

Listen to my story and see if you can help.
I moved to the UK around 25 years as a young boy from Greece. I settled in Beds and eventually worked in London. Of course, I went to school there played rugby and was happy with my lot. :D

About 6 months ago I moved to Greece, because my wife loves the country. Well, I have never been so frustrated in my entire life. Endless bureaucracy drives me mad. The way they "drive" ( like being in a video game), the loud culture, drives me crazy.

I have great difficulty adjusting and keep remeniscing of my beautiful coiuntryside, and my garden. Am I the only one?
Any advice?

Thank you all

Cos.

P.s. Are there any Brit expat meeting in Athens? :?:
Posted by:
cosbardi

Postby Alan-LaCala » Fri 28 Apr 2006 16:04 GMT

I don't know the expat situation in Greece, but if you have not already done so, you need to talk to your wife about how you feel.

Moving abroad is not for everyone, and is nothing to be ashamed of.

Good luck.

Alan
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Alan-LaCala
Free member

Return to Repatriation