It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 15:27 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Repatriation

Leaving France returning to the UK

Here's where to discuss the practicalities and issues involved in moving back to the UK.

Leaving France returning to the UK

Postby Annee » Fri 24 Jul 2009 16:12 GMT

Hello

I have decided to Leave France after 3 years and return to the UK. I am married, and own 50% of a house here.....My husband wishes to stay, and we are mutually separating, but remain good friends. Selling our home would be a gift at this time, and financially we don't need to.
I have many homes in the UK I can lay my head until I decide to rent or buy.
My main concern is Healthcare...I have a 121 and my husband is my dependant....we top up with a mutuelle.
What will be my healthcare status in the UK when I return?
How can i safeguard my financial position in the UK and remove myself from french inheritance laws.......separation is not divorce. I have money from a previous marriage which has always been for myself or my children if we ever separated.
I wish to formulate some document that is recognised by both countries, and not go down the road of solicitors and financial advisers which could become a financial minefield.
Anyone who could point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful.
Posted by:
Annee

Postby gozomark » Fri 24 Jul 2009 21:14 GMT

there are times when an expensive lawyer is far cheaper in the end than free advice from laymen - this sounds like such an occasion...
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Repatriation