It is currently Sun 18 Aug 2019 23:11 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Repatriation

wanting..... no needing to return to the UK

Here's where to discuss the practicalities and issues involved in moving back to the UK.

wanting..... no needing to return to the UK

Postby kaykev » Mon 29 Mar 2010 10:38 GMT

Hello I have lived in australia for almost 33 years now and as I moved here when I was 13 I had no choice really, I loved england and when we arrived inAustralia I didnt like it but I had no other choice. well It took me 32 years to save enough money to go for a holiday to show my husband and daughter why I love england so very much.
Now the issue we have is my husbands family are no support, and I have to deal with his disabilities by myself, my daughter helps but soon she will finishe school and get a job and well You know the rest.
I have family in the UK who will be willing to help me out with his disabilities, I will have family I can turn to to have a shoulder to cry on. I have been told as I am still british I never became and Australian citizen, I can move back to the uk without any problems.
Both myself and my husband are unable to work, aparently the government pensions office here say they may pay my husband indefinitely, for the Australian office if we return to the UK to live, so we would live on his pension, and my daughter will eventually get work.
We thought of buying a mobile home and living in that, anyone know if we stand any chance of getting council housing? we would like to live in York if possible as our family are in and around there. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it, and before anyone says why do we want to leave australia, hubby has issues with the heat as does my daughter, he cant be out in sunlight anytime of year as his eyes are badly affected by the sun, and we dont have any family support and I love england always have! hope to hear from someone soon kay
Posted by:
kaykev

Return to Repatriation