It is currently Fri 19 Jul 2019 19:13 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Repatriation

Moving back to England

Here's where to discuss the practicalities and issues involved in moving back to the UK.

Moving back to England

Postby vouvray59 » Thu 22 Dec 2011 22:25 GMT

I moved to the States in 1982, but am considering moving back to England. I enjoy life here, but with the passing years realize just how much I miss England, particularly at this time of year. That said, I feel as though I'd have to catch up on everything that has happened if the move was to be a success. Are there any of you that have moved back after a long period spent abroad?
Posted by:
vouvray59

Postby Dave » Fri 23 Dec 2011 16:26 GMT

Hi, and welcome. :-)

Funny how many expats miss the autumn and winter in the UK when they're away from it - considering how damp, chilly and miserable many Brits find it when they're in it! I have a sort of nostalgia for the Shropshire autumn, but on the whole I'd rather be living in the tropics. Four years spent in London between South Asian postings more or less tore away my rose-tinted specs!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Repatriation