It is currently Tue 17 Sep 2019 00:11 GMT
Change font size

Repatriation

Applying for my wife and daughter to return to the UK

Here's where to discuss the practicalities and issues involved in moving back to the UK.

Applying for my wife and daughter to return to the UK

Postby motspur » Sun 20 May 2012 05:45 GMT

I do not expect this is a new issue but I am seeking advice from any informed source.
I am currently living and working in Dubai and have been married to a Filipina lady for the past 16 years. We have a 15 year old daughter (British passport holder).
I have just been appointed to a post as Headteacher in Dubai but want to get my wife and daughter back to the UK - mainly because of the education for my daughter. I have not resided in the UK since 1992.
Is it possible for my wife and daughter to move to the UK and, if so, what formalities will I have to go through? :?:
Posted by:
motspur

Postby Dave » Sun 20 May 2012 07:52 GMT

Hi, and welcome.

You say your daughter is a British passport holder - is it a full British passport? In other words, is she a full British citizen? If she is, then she has the right of abode in the UK.

I'm not sure what the situation would be regarding your wife, but the fact that you've been married for so long should help with getting her a visa, all the more so as your daughter is a minor.

The "Partners and families" section of the UK Border Agency website may help - or at least give pointers as to where to look for further information:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -families/

Good luck!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Repatriation