It is currently Fri 6 Dec 2019 01:53 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

UK Legislation

Class 2 Contributions From Abroad

This forum is for all the aspects of UK law that may affect expats - tax, social security, health, pensions, citizenship etc.

Class 2 Contributions From Abroad

Postby Bernard » Tue 29 Mar 2016 05:19 GMT

I've been living in the USA for 30 years, and have sent back voluntary contributions for my NI. Now I need to add five more years of voluntary contributions (to make 35 years worth), but I believe I qualify for Class 2 contributions, since the website says "only if you worked in the UK immediately before leaving". Does anyone know what "immediately" means? I needed a couple of weeks to get packed up and ready - does anyone know what the actual time limit should be? Many thanks to you all!
Posted by:
Bernard

Re: Class 2 Contributions From Abroad

Postby Kay » Tue 29 Mar 2016 06:36 GMT

Hi Bernard, welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I hope there'll be someone along soon who does.

Good luck with your move.

Kay :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Re: Class 2 Contributions From Abroad

Postby Bernard » Tue 29 Mar 2016 15:01 GMT

I moved to the USA in 1983. I just needed to know what the gap should be between ending my UK employment and actually getting on to the plane to come over here (what does "immediately before leaving" mean). I'd appreciate any advice that anyone could give! Thank you
Posted by:
Bernard

Return to UK Legislation