It is currently Mon 23 Sep 2019 07:07 GMT
Change font size

State schools/education

Nursery School for a 14 month toddler

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

Nursery School for a 14 month toddler

Postby Katalyst » Tue 5 Apr 2011 09:08 GMT

My family and I have recently relocated to Malta with our 14 month old daughter.

I work for myself and would like to source a nursery school/ childcare of some sort for 2 - 3 mornings a week.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Many thanks!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Katalyst
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 6 Apr 2011 07:07 GMT

Hi Katalyst

Why not post a job vacancy advert in the Premium Marketplace? It's free for premium members such as yourself. 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby gozomark » Wed 6 Apr 2011 07:25 GMT

Hi Katalyst - where in Malta are you ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Katalyst » Wed 6 Apr 2011 10:48 GMT

Hi, we're still trying to find a place to rent but are looking in the central area (Mosta, Attard, Naxxar, Ghargur)...
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Katalyst
Free member

Postby Katalyst » Fri 8 Apr 2011 09:00 GMT

Hi Kay,

Apologies - I didn't see this message until today... Am still getting used to navigating the forum :oops:

Thank you for the kind offer of free advertising. I will most definately take you up on it as soon as I've found my feet!
Posted by:
Katalyst
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 8 Apr 2011 09:17 GMT

No need to apologise, I was just trying to help you to get the most out of what you've paid for.

Most of the best members are on the Premium Boards and you can advertise in there for no extra charge - about looking for somewhere to rent, hiring a child minder, whatever. It's there for you and you're very welcome to use it. Enjoy being part of the inner-circle. 8)

Sorry if I came across as being a bit Rottweilery (is that a word?) I was trying to help you to get the freebies which you're entitled to.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby gozomark » Fri 8 Apr 2011 09:55 GMT

Rottie is the word you are after
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Fri 8 Apr 2011 12:14 GMT

The Rottie was just trying to remind our supporters and premium members to take advantage of their privileges.

I'm not sure why I'm called the Rottie anyway. I'm a pussy cat. :D
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby chris green » Sat 9 Apr 2011 04:51 GMT

Kay wrote:I'm not sure why I'm called the Rottie anyway. I'm a pussy cat. :D

Perhaps we should take this to the Premium Lounge to limit future abuse :hide:

:mrgreen:
THE FACTS LAB BOOK of INSECTS by the team McMahon. Available from Amazon.

Soon to be a major HOLLYWOOD movie !!!
Posted by:
chris green
Supporter

Postby Katalyst » Mon 11 Apr 2011 14:18 GMT

Lol - not at all - it's really helpful to be reminded of everything the Premium Membership has to offer;-)
Posted by:
Katalyst
Free member

Postby Katalyst » Mon 11 Apr 2011 14:37 GMT

Just to share what I have learned with regard to nursery schools/ daycare facilities to date...

xxx is a dedicated online resource which provides details on childcare facilities, babysitters, nursery kindergarten, schooling, activites and events for children etc.

Both xxx and xxx have been recommended to me by Maltese friends but the xxx website is a great resource for finding a facility that is in your local area and is compliant with the Child Day Care Services regulations.

It appears that children need to be at least 15 months to be accepted into a nursery/ daycare facility so if your child is under this age a child minder may be a better option. I hope this is helpful!:-)
Posted by:
Katalyst
Free member

Postby gozomark » Mon 11 Apr 2011 14:44 GMT

thats great - thank you :-)

I've moved your post (including the company names) to a new thread in the recommended suppliers boards as it contains privately run facilities

http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/ ... 2165#60003
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to State schools/education