It is currently Mon 9 Dec 2019 17:36 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Sports

Eriksson names squad

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Eriksson names squad

Postby spainboy » Mon 17 May 2004 20:49 GMT

well here it is
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 714245.stm
I think the midfield is looking good .Nicky Butt '?? has'nt played a lot this year
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby Rich » Tue 18 May 2004 15:15 GMT

Can't honestly say there were any surprises whatsoever there. Not what i'd have picked, but from what we've seen of SGE all 23 were easy to predict.

Butt hasn't played much, but is a SGE favourite and hasn't done all that badly for England in he past. And if nothing else, he is naturally a proper holding player, as opposed to somebody who can play there like virtually all the other names mentioned/in squad.

Dyer is more of an interesting one (although he was a banker in the squad) as he's not done much for England for a while and is constantly injured. J Cole is in because he can do something different, but for that to happen Sven has to gamble on him (he went to Japamn because he was the one play who could do somethign different and then didn't even start to warm up against Brazil, let alone get brought on because Sven wasn't prepared to gamble). Also a lack of any left footed midfielders in the squad is dissapointing.

Money's now on - one of the 23 will get injured/banned for drugs/sent to jail/whatever before the tournament starts. Who's it going to be??
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Return to Sports