It is currently Thu 21 Nov 2019 03:06 GMT
Change font size

Health & Medical

private health insurance

Let's hope you'll feel better when you've looked in here!

private health insurance

Postby cornerofsilence » Fri 16 Sep 2005 03:28 GMT

I would like to know if anyone as any advice on private health insurance in New Zealand?

Can you get private dental care?

Susan
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
cornerofsilence
Free member

Private health insurance NZ

Postby marl1b » Wed 21 Sep 2005 19:13 GMT

I don't know any specifics but if you search on www.google.nz you get quite a few hits for medical and dental insurance. Hope this helps
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
marl1b
Free member

Postby privatebox » Sun 13 Apr 2008 01:08 GMT

As a Resident of NZ Yes I do. I have had it for some time. The governemnt funded health services is great, but just in case i end up getting something more long term I feel the protection of insurance will help.

Try Tower, Axa or Vero.
Posted by:
privatebox
Free member

Postby teamplayer2003 » Wed 6 Jan 2010 03:56 GMT

Hey guys,

PM/ email me if you want a more personal reply but the product I use for my clients is ING, this is because they cover the non Pharmac drugs, so any drug which isnt government subsidised.

In regards to dental,, yes you can get dental cover, however its not cheep. If the dental cover is to protect you from surgery needs i e impacted wisdom teeth this is covered under the ING policy.

However fillings ect would not be.

My advise would be to use your broker or PM/email me and ill help out.

Tim
Posted by:
teamplayer2003
Free member

Postby Toonster » Wed 6 Jan 2010 08:47 GMT

Hiya!
'Tis always worth checking the dates on the top of the postings - quite a few of the posts here are very old (the initial posts were 2005, and the next one was 2008!), and there are a lot of people around who don't post here any more...

We are also not allowed to recommend companies on here, due to the probability that the people recommending are signing up purely to promote their services (though obviously, I don't think that about you!), so please could you edit your post to remove the company name? Particularly as you have said in your Kia Ora post that you are a financial advisor - it could be seen as advertising!

I'm afraid you also aren't allowed to use PM until you've become an established member of the boards...

I don't want you to think I'm coming down heavy handed, but I'd rather make you aware of things before too long! :wink:

Cheers
Jo
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Postby teamplayer2003 » Wed 6 Jan 2010 21:37 GMT

Thanks Jo, I did notice the posting date after i posted! Thanks for the clarification on the rules too!
Posted by:
teamplayer2003
Free member

Return to Health & Medical