It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 12:44 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Malta - other

Recycling

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not Malta-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

Recycling

Postby euphony » Mon 8 Feb 2016 08:38 GMT

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where else to post this. When we get to Gozo and have our stuff unpacked we'll have loads of empty cardboard boxes lying around that we'll want to get rid of. Does anyone have any idea how we go about disposing of these? We haven't got a car so it's not as if we can load a car up and take them somewhere :D

Many thanks

Chris
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Re: Recycling

Postby FOXGLOVE » Fri 12 Feb 2016 09:09 GMT

euphony wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where else to post this. When we get to Gozo and have our stuff unpacked we'll have loads of empty cardboard boxes lying around that we'll want to get rid of. Does anyone have any idea how we go about disposing of these? We haven't got a car so it's not as if we can load a car up and take them somewhere :D

Many thanks

Chris

You could bundle up flat cardboard cases and put them out on one of the two days a week when only recycling is collected.
In Gharb we can ring the local council and they will collect bulky refuse free of charge, I guess other councils do the same.
There is also a refuse lorry parked in our area for a short while on a Saturday morning which you can take bulky refuse to.

Ray
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
FOXGLOVE
Free member

Re: Recycling

Postby gozomark » Mon 15 Feb 2016 14:05 GMT

depending when it is, I could collect in Gozo SPCA van and take to recycling centre
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Malta - other