It is currently Mon 9 Dec 2019 17:37 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Hit The Road, Jack!

Motorbikes in Malta

The place to talk about cars and motorbikes - whether you're a petrolhead, just enjoy pottering about or simply see your car or bike as a means of getting from A to B.

Motorbikes in Malta

Postby FEILO » Fri 25 Mar 2016 18:22 GMT

Just a few questions to any die hard bike enthusiasts in Malta - are there an active bike groups ? - any trail riding ? Are bikes cheaper than UK ?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
FEILO
Premium Member

Re: Motorbikes in Malta

Postby gozomark » Mon 28 Mar 2016 07:09 GMT

yes, there seem to be quite a few bike clubs - in general vehicles are more expensive than in the UK, but if you go for up to a 125cc bike, they are now quite a bit cheaper than they were as import tax and road tax cut

I've got a 80cc Yasmaha BOP, stopped being made in 1984, but still must be a couple of hundred in Gozo - from this year road tax reduced to € 10, 3rd party insurance about € 60-70 - perfect bike for Gozo
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby ozzy » Mon 28 Mar 2016 07:26 GMT

There are a couple of guys on a Bikers forum my brother was a member of who live on Gozo that meet up at week ends for a ride out with some other British Bikers here ... They won't be hard to find .. Marsalforn is a regular stop over for coffee
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ozzy
Free member

Postby gozomark » Mon 28 Mar 2016 07:29 GMT

and in Malta, Cirkewwa on a Sunday morning
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby FEILO » Mon 28 Mar 2016 09:10 GMT

Thanks both - sounds like buying a 125cc locally is the way to go - I had a quick look on Maltapark and there seems to be a good selection available for sale.

I look forward to contacting an enthusiasts group when ready although the Yamaha BOP looks an interesting ( slightly eccentric) bike -just perfect for buzzing around shopping - popping down to the beach etc: :D

Cheers 8-)
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
FEILO
Premium Member

Return to Hit The Road, Jack!