It is currently Mon 16 Dec 2019 11:15 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Sports

Aussie (no)Rules Football

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Aussie (no)Rules Football

Postby herc2ules » Wed 13 Oct 2004 19:05 GMT

As I write this, Australian Rules Football is blaring away in the background. Its the first time that I have actually *watched* this sport. Does anyone know what the rules are in this sport? So far as I can tell there are no apparent rules apart from about a hundred guys jumping on each other and throwing the odd, good punch?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
herc2ules
Free member

Postby spainboy » Wed 13 Oct 2004 22:59 GMT

So far as I can tell there are no apparent rules apart from about a hundred guys jumping on each other and throwing the odd, good punch?

Thats about it .Oh and some cheerleaders
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby Dave » Thu 14 Oct 2004 02:51 GMT

I think it's a pity they got rid of the old-style goal-judges' clothing - white coats, and white pork-pie hats. If I remember rightly they now wear baseball caps and stripy shirts - international, bland, boring.

The only other thing I really remember about watching it (it used to be on Channel 4 in the late '80s) was the incredible number of adverts for Four 'n Twenty Pies :D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Sports