It is currently Mon 14 Oct 2019 01:42 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Sports

Pubs/bars to watch British sport abroad

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Pubs/bars to watch British sport abroad

Postby Rich » Thu 20 Nov 2003 19:31 GMT

Hi all,

After a few requests by people looking for places to watch sports events whilst abroad, I'm going to start putting together this resource which lists such places. If you can recommend a good pub/bar/whatever where you can reliably watch British football, rugby, cricket etc let me know (ideally by PM or post elsewhere and I can incorporate it here).

I need to know:
Town/City, Name, Address &/or location, and possibly phone/website, and anything else you want to say. I will try and keep updating this list and hopefully this will eventually become a fairly comprehensive listing.

Note to Spammers/Bar Owners. This is not free advertising. Anybody posting elsewhere with an advert about their own place will find it deleted and they will be barred from this list. If you own a place and want to recommend it /have it included, let me know by PM and I will include it.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby herc2ules » Thu 22 Jan 2004 06:20 GMT

Never really noticed this post before........hmmm. Feel free to edit this post as I already know it is going to be vague.

Well. For UK football (a'la soccer) check out the Elephant and Castle bar in Edmonton, Canada. Can be found on the excellent Whyte Ave in south of the city. Also in Edmonton is the Red Lion - but that is in the north of the city (near Yellowhead) and I don't remember exactly where.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
herc2ules
Free member

Postby Rich » Thu 22 Jan 2004 12:47 GMT

Oops. Cheers for that Herc. I'd completely forgotten about this grand idea. Must get to work on it at some point soon...
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby mbraganza » Wed 7 Jun 2006 21:59 GMT

For california look in the setanta sports website. They list venues that have signed up and are the reseller for most pay per view footy & rugby. Premiership (and possibly the world cup) is carried on fox soccer channel and their website also lists venues I think

MB
Posted by:
mbraganza

Sports Bars Abroad

Postby Goonerdxb69 » Mon 4 Dec 2006 05:22 GMT

If your visiting Dubai, United Arab Emirates there are a few good sports bars worth a visit, but the best one is:

Goodfellas (Regal Plaza Hotel), Dubai.

The manager is a brit called Craig (Arsenal fan), a good guy who's knows what us expats like.

The food is good and the beer is great. Offers on buckets of beer etc. Happy hour extends to all matches. They show all the major sporting events on 2 large projector screens and some 10 plasma's, so you have a good vantage spot from everywhere. If you want a table you will have to book in advance during games.

Cheers,

Gooner
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Goonerdxb69
Free member

Return to Sports