It is currently Sat 7 Dec 2019 17:42 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Becoming an Expat

Different administrative regulations abroad

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

Different administrative regulations abroad

Postby jberryart » Sat 21 Jun 2008 12:32 GMT

The main thing that is keeping me from leaving England are the different rules in other countries. I don't mean only traffic and general social discourse. I fear the different administrative regulations in a new country. I've taken about 10 years to get used to British bureaucracy. Having to "learn" a new bureaucratic system with all its pitfalls appears like a steep hill to climb.

I am very much considering moving to India (Bangalore area). But I have no idea what administrative requirements mus be fulfilled.

Experience anyone?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
jberryart
Free member

Postby Kay » Sat 21 Jun 2008 12:45 GMT

Experience anyone?

Yes, we lived in India for a few years, but if you want to ask questions specific to India then please use our India forum which is dedicated to that purpose.

In a more general sense, probably every country has its own rules. They're often unfathomable but, when you're enjoying the many benefits of living abroad, it's just something you have to learn to live with.

I'm not sure if you're just thinking aloud or if you have specific questions or topics for discussion. :)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Thanks for the answer

Postby jberryart » Mon 23 Jun 2008 04:22 GMT

Hi, thanks for the answer. I found the India-related part of the forum. I am thinking out loud, but perhaps I can get some specifics from someone who still has a relocation fresh on his mind.

Cheers!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
jberryart
Free member

Return to Becoming an Expat