It is currently Mon 9 Dec 2019 19:09 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Repatriation

Confused on residency Issue for Turkey

Here's where to discuss the practicalities and issues involved in moving back to the UK.

Confused on residency Issue for Turkey

Postby hakansbaby » Wed 22 Jun 2011 20:02 GMT

Hi, I am new here and need to be forgiven if I have posted my query in the wrong place.

I am a UK citizen who is married to a Turkish National and want to reside her in Turkey with him.

However I am getting conflicting info with regard to applying for a visa.

Exactly what kind of visa should I be applying for and how do I go about it?

Someone mentioned as I am married to a Turkish National I should be applying for a Kimlik, someone else says I should be applying for a 'blue book' which I believe is a residency visa for other Nationalities NOT married to a Turkish National.

I have tried the consulates but it seems websites are either wrongly addressed or so confusing I don't understan anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aileen AVCI
Posted by:
hakansbaby

Postby Dave » Thu 23 Jun 2011 03:14 GMT

Hi, and welcome.

We have a board for Turkey-related questions on our In-Country Experts forum - if you repost your question there you're likely to get an answer more quickly. (This board's for people returning to the UK from overseas.)

Good luck. :-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Repatriation