It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 03:33 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Opinions/Politics

How many politicians are psychopaths?

Some people like to talk politics, others don't. I've made a separate forum so you can post if you want or ignore it if you don't. Hope this is an acceptable compromise.

How many politicians are psychopaths?

Postby ruggie » Sat 3 Sep 2011 11:18 GMT

Here's a summary of a short article I've just read in a UK newspaper:

Psychopaths lack moral instincts, but many can hide this by their ability to charm and manipulate seniors and subordinates. Couched in the right business language, that charm sounds like charismatic leadership. A recent study suggests that 1 in 25 company bosses could be a psychopath.

I wonder what the ratio is for politicians who rise to cabinet or shadow cabinet office?
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Dave » Sat 3 Sep 2011 12:35 GMT

Sounds a bit spurious to me, Ruggie.

Whose study, where, and on what basis? What size of company? And how do they define "psychopath" anyway?

Out of interest, which newspaper was it?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Sat 3 Sep 2011 16:31 GMT

Torygraph. A filler paragraph pre-announcing the content of this week's BBC Horizon program. Doesn't specify the study, but quotes corroborating comment by a New York psychologist. No indication of where he works or of his reputation.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Opinions/Politics