It is currently Tue 10 Dec 2019 04:45 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Portugal

builders needed - any advice

builders needed - any advice

Postby kerrylouie » Thu 29 Dec 2005 16:50 GMT

Hi,

We have just bought a house in Figueira da Foz and need some help in locating a reputable building company. Anyone have any ideas for me? Our portuguese is not brilliant :oops: so if they spoke a little english it would help a lot!
Posted by:
kerrylouie

Postby auntyems » Wed 11 Jan 2006 16:28 GMT

Any movement on this? Have you spoken to your neighbours? They are usually the best source of information. If not, and I know this is a bit obtuse, but have a look at ownersdirect.co.uk. There is a house in Figueira, no: 654, that is owned by a Portuguese/British couple and they are based in the Coimbra area by the looks of their phone number.

If you don't have any luck, I'm just the other side of Penacova, and my Portuguese isn't too bad!

Cheers
Emma
Posted by:
auntyems

Postby JayneR » Tue 24 Jan 2006 08:29 GMT

Hi Emma,

Something just told me to check out the Portugal board and there you were! Small world! :lol:

Hi KerrieLouie,

Welcome from me! :D I haven't looked in around here for ages. I'll try to get back to you with some info. I'm living in Portugal but further north, about 20 km north of Porto in Santo Tirso. I'll ask around today and hopefully get back to you soon.

Have you checked out the British Expat forum yet? Great place, loads of good stuff going on over there. :D
http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/index.php
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Return to Portugal