It is currently Thu 17 Oct 2019 11:20 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Romania

Retiring to Romania

Retiring to Romania

Postby Malcolm.e » Tue 19 Jul 2005 13:38 GMT

This is my first time on a forum so please excuse me if I don't get it right.

I have just retired in England and would like to move to Romania. I have found a property near Sibiu and I am ready to buy and make the move.

The British Embassey in Bucharest have given me a list of documents required to obtain a residency permit, one of these documents is from the company to show the purpose of the residency.

As I am retired I don't work for a company, does anyone know if this will be a problem.

Thanks, Malcolm.e
Posted by:
Malcolm.e

Postby spainboy » Tue 19 Jul 2005 23:27 GMT

Hi and welcome.
This may sound a bit obvious ,but talk to the embassey, theyare there to help not to trip you up.
btw why don't you come and meet the guys in the main forum.

LinkHERE or in the tiny writing "British Expat Forum" at the top of the page.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Retiring to romania

Postby Malcolm.e » Wed 20 Jul 2005 10:00 GMT

spainboy wrote:Hi and welcome.
This may sound a bit obvious ,but talk to the embassey, theyare there to help not to trip you up.
btw why don't you come and meet the guys in the main forum.

LinkHERE or in the tiny writing "British Expat Forum" at the top of the page.

Thanks Spainboy for reply, the British Embassy in Bucharest have told me they don't think it will be a problem, if I could find somebody who has retired to Romania then perhaps they could tell me if they had any problems.

How do I meet the guys in the main forum?
Posted by:
Malcolm.e

Re: Retiring to romania

Postby spainboy » Wed 20 Jul 2005 10:54 GMT

Malcolm.e wrote:How do I meet the guys in the main forum?

Click here
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby keith_johnson » Tue 6 Sep 2005 10:45 GMT

hi i have lived in romania now for 3 years there is no problem to get residency if you own a property you dont need a letter from any company the whole process takes approx 1 week you will need private health insurance the cost is $60 if you need more details just email me or leave a message im british living near petrosani romania
Posted by:
keith_johnson
Free member

Postby arianna » Wed 11 Aug 2010 08:30 GMT

Hello.
I was moved to Sibiu, Romania, for about 10 years. When I trying to obtain residency I encountered some problems, but eventually the problems were solved. Now I enjoy the beauty around here
Posted by:
arianna

Return to Romania