It is currently Thu 17 Oct 2019 11:40 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Bulgaria - Other

bulgarian wine

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not Bulgaria-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

bulgarian wine

Postby frenchman » Thu 6 Dec 2007 12:57 GMT

have you tried and what do you think about bulgarian wine?
i had the luke to drink home made red and white wine produced by a neighbour. i think that was delicious and i am french and know good wine.

What do you think about it?
Posted by:
frenchman

Postby Mr Kriss » Sat 8 Dec 2007 00:34 GMT

In my opinion...
The quality has improved dramatically over the past few years. There are some unusual cepages here such as Melnik (Chiroka), and Mavrud, and some interesting blends as a result. Try Cluster, which comes in two varieties, Mavrud & Rubin (Syrah & Nebbiolo) or Cabernet Franc & Merlot. Not exactly cheap but I enjoy both.

Another favourite of mine is Damianitza No Mans Land Black Label, but that of course is my personal taste.

I think it is best to try a few across the price range, as I have tasted excellent cheap wines and very poor expensive ones, so price is not necessarily indicative.

I still prefer a good Pauillac though, Mr Frenchman. :wink:
Chris :compucoffee:
Join the British Expat lending team at Kiva: http://www.kiva.org/team/britishexpatcom
Posted by:
Mr Kriss
Supporter

Return to Bulgaria - Other