It is currently Mon 14 Oct 2019 08:34 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Housing/Property

Renting in Varna

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Renting in Varna

Postby shinobidef » Wed 9 Apr 2014 18:18 GMT

Hi all

I'm new to this forum so will introduce myself first :)

I'm 33 and from London and will be going to Varna (first time in Bulgaria!) with my partner next month. We plan to stay in Bulgaria for at least 4 months to get the feel for the place before deciding if we will stay longer, although we don't have any intention of buying a property - purely renting.

Our main motivation is a lower cost of living. We're a bit over London and spent 9 months in Asia last year. I work as a graphic designer online and my boyfriend is a DJ so we're hoping to take things a little easier and have time to see a bit of the country.

We've decided that Varna seems to suit our needs best so we're looking at renting either a 1 or 2 bed apartment. Does anyone know what the average rental price is in Varna? I looked on Numbeo.com and the prices quoted seem quite a bit less than what I've seen for monthly and yearly rentals on the web.

We're thinking of staying in a B&B for a week or two to get our bearings and to give us some time to find a good agent.

My other concern is internet - this is essential to me being able to earn a wage. I hear Sofia's speeds are pretty darn fast but does anyone know about Varna?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Louise
Posted by:
shinobidef

Postby Dave » Sat 14 Jun 2014 14:59 GMT

Louise, I'm sorry no-one replied to you earlier. By now you're probably in Bulgaria and have found the answers you were looking for.

I've never been to Bulgaria so can't give any first-hand information. But for what it's worth, our Site Admin Trev (who unfortunately hasn't been around for some time) seemed to get on fine with the internet speeds from his home in Varna. No idea about the rents - sorry!

If you made it to Varna, I hope things are going well for you. :-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby shinobidef » Mon 30 Jun 2014 05:02 GMT

Hi Dave

No problem! We made it in the end and have been living in an apartment for almost 2 months now.

In case it's useful to anyone else, we have a 1 bed modern apartment in Trakata, Varna for €260 per month.

All the best

Louise
Posted by:
shinobidef

Postby Dave » Mon 30 Jun 2014 05:07 GMT

Thanks for taking the trouble to let us know how you're getting on, Louise :-) - hope you're enjoying it there.

Was that more or less what you expected, or significantly higher or lower?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Housing/Property