It is currently Thu 12 Dec 2019 13:05 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Decisions, decisions...

News update.

Have I made the right choice? Homesickness etc.

News update.

Postby jer&angie » Mon 28 May 2007 05:59 GMT

Hi all,

some of you might have read my post a few months back basically saying that I didn't think I'd done the right thing moving to Canada(Vancouver Island). Well, how things have changed in that short space of time! Things started to click into place for me one by one, meeting some great new friends, enjoying work, and I started to see how wonderful it is here. I had a trip back to Wales last month, only for a week, and was amazed how busy everywhere was, how fast the cars drove, how on top of everyone was etc etc. It was nice to see my friends and family but I actually missed Canada and was ready to come "home" by the end of the week! When I get off the ferry it's like ahhhhh, Island pace of life again. So good news! Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous post and if I can give any advice to anyone, please ask. Cheers everyone!!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
jer&angie
Free member

Postby aceimager » Mon 28 May 2007 11:34 GMT

Great to hear that your move and new life is working out so well. :) It's really good for those of us who are in the throws of moving to receive some reassuring words. We're under a lot of stress and worry at the moment because our family are just so devastated that we're going, but I like to think things will become a little easier for all concerned once we go.

Congratulations on your move and best wishes for your new life on Vancouver Island :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
aceimager
Free member

Postby jessica » Mon 28 May 2007 12:08 GMT

good news!

I'm always interested to hear how people feel when they return on a visit. I'm glad things are improving for you.
"Cheese is nice and jumping is fun" Libby (age 3)
Posted by:
jessica
Supporter

Postby jer&angie » Fri 1 Jun 2007 05:36 GMT

aceimager wrote:We're under a lot of stress and worry at the moment because our family are just so devastated that we're going, but I like to think things will become a little easier for all concerned once we go.

Hi ace,

we've been through what your experiencing now and it is hard. Luckily for us, our parents and friends were, and still are, very supportive. Yes, they'd all love to have us back in Wales tomorrow, but they are happy for us that we are achieving our dream. Once you do "land", again you'll go through an emotion rollercoaster, but hopefully you'll come through it ok. Because, in my opinion, it is worth the struggle. Nowhere is perfect, but this place is a lot closer than the placed we left. Where are you moving to? When? Good luck and keep us up to date.

Cheers

Jer
Posted by:
jer&angie
Free member

Postby aceimager » Tue 5 Jun 2007 08:06 GMT

Hi Jer,

Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply sooner, but it's all systems go here at present; In fact, the shippers are due tomorrow, loading up Thursday, and we're flying out to Halifax, NS on friday. I think we'll calm down a bit once we arrive, but at the moment it's 'emotion' overload as we have a multitude of feelings about this, questioning at the last minute whether we are in fact doing the right thing. I'm sure we're not alone experiencing these feelings, and hopefully arriving in NS, settling and focusing on the future will help to take our minds off what we're leaving behind.

We'll keep you posted Jer :)

Adam
Posted by:
aceimager
Free member

Postby Buddyboy » Wed 6 Jun 2007 21:25 GMT

Good luck, Ace. You will love Halifax. Let us all know how you find things after your move.
Posted by:
Buddyboy
Supporter

Postby jer&angie » Tue 4 Dec 2007 04:21 GMT

aceimager wrote:Hi Jer,

Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated.

[snip by Site Admin - Dave]

We'll keep you posted Jer :)

Adam

Hi

just going through the forum. How's it going over there?

Jer
Posted by:
jer&angie
Free member

Postby Buddyboy » Tue 4 Dec 2007 15:10 GMT

It would be nice to hear how aceimager got on in Halifax, for sure.
Posted by:
Buddyboy
Supporter

Return to Decisions, decisions...