It is currently Fri 22 Nov 2019 07:45 GMT
Change font size

Progress!

At Last it is here

Sometimes you just want to share the news of how your application is progressing (or not). Please post here rather than on the information forums.

At Last it is here

Postby darren » Fri 29 May 2009 19:30 GMT

Hi everyone.
For all the members who have given us support and advice i would like to thank you all and give you our Great news.
Our Immigration Lawyer emailed us today via immigration London that we have been accepted for our Permanent Residency and we are to post our Passports to london to be stamped whohoooooo. :D
Its been a long hard slog out here, many times have we almost given up, but now we are overjoyed.
No more LMO's and hassle of getting work permits. :evil:
Just a quickie before we go and celebrate: Any tips about sending Passports to London from Canada, any do's or dont's.
How long does it normally take from sending Passports to actually receiving them back.
Thanks again to all, and a positive note to all new applicants: Hang in there. it will all go well in the end :wink:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
darren
Free member

Postby jessica » Fri 29 May 2009 23:30 GMT

Yay! That's great news Darren. What did you do about the question of your daughter in the end?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
jessica
Supporter

Postby darren » Sat 30 May 2009 00:10 GMT

Thanks Jessica,
We submitted an Affadavit again but this time through our lawyer
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
darren
Free member

Postby tigger » Sat 30 May 2009 01:10 GMT

Hello! Firstly - yeee haa!!! Good news!

We tried to send a fedex recorded return delivery with our passports and they returned it saying sorry we don't return passports that way - so don't do fedex! I am not sure what to do for return so ask out there or perhaps there is a post!

We got a canada post slip (as we were out) when ours arrrived and so had to go to the post office (so to speak!) to collect our passports!

3 weeks is what everyone says - and for us - 3 weeks it was!!!!

The fun bit was going to the Canadian border - leaving and returning! The icky bit was changing out SIN numbers (which I forgot we needed to do!) It took longer to get this than it did to drive to Niagara and back from Barrie, Ontario!!! LOL

Good luck!

Tigger
:compucoffee:
Posted by:
tigger
Free member

Postby deppfan64 » Sat 30 May 2009 01:32 GMT

Hi Darren

Wow I am so pleased for you all...you've had a tough time with it and I bet you thought this day would never come. It's one hell of an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure.
We like you had many days where we wanted to give up...especially being on those work permits...but hey it's all over for you now. You'll be surprised how quickly you get that peace of mind feeling!!!

We sent ours via fedex but like Tigger, they would not send them back that way...they have their own method. I think ours took just under 3 weeks to come back.

Once again BIG congrats to you all.

Mal and family :D
Posted by:
deppfan64
Free member

Postby darren » Sat 30 May 2009 02:41 GMT

Thanks for that Tigger, i will take your advice.
Hi Mal, thanks also.
Its a weird feeling isn't it, all those hurdles and hoops and now its all over.
We are moving back to Ontario very shortly, Calgary is great but there's just something about Ontarians that we love.
Anyway thanks again and take care.
Posted by:
darren
Free member

Postby tigger » Sat 30 May 2009 14:36 GMT

It is a weird feeling for sure!!!

Glad you are coming back to Ontario - we certainly like it!!!!

Good luck and though it feels weird - it is a comforting feeling!

Oh = having re read my post - it was meant to sound like sending it via fedex WAS a good idea - but just don't do anything to return it - we spend something like $60 doing a return envelope that was never used!! oh well wot is a 'bit' more money!!!! So - do send it fedex!!!

Tigger
:compucoffee:
Posted by:
tigger
Free member

Postby gozomark » Sun 31 May 2009 03:57 GMT

Hi Darren, and congratulations :D

I'm sure Kay and Dave would appreciate a contribution towards the running costs of this forum as a thank you - without them, where would you be :shock: - there is a tips box to the right of the first post in this thread
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sun 31 May 2009 22:01 GMT

Odd isn't it, we see lots of people saying how great the forum is and how it really helped them, but nobody ever puts anything in the tip box :?

I guess it's the jolly old Internet where everything is for free and nobody pays and we all live off the electrons that whiz through our screens. :?

Funny old world...................but a nicer one if you spare a copper guv?
:)
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby anon7656 » Sun 31 May 2009 22:13 GMT

True....so finally I have made a "tip"....thanks for all the hard work guys.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
anon7656
Supporter

Postby darren » Fri 5 Jun 2009 21:36 GMT

Well would you Adam and Eve it....after all this time, i never actually realised you could leave a tip.
I must do this as a token of my gratitude
Posted by:
darren
Free member

Finally in Ontario

Postby darren » Sun 23 Dec 2012 22:49 GMT

Hi everyone.
I haven't been on here for a while.
Hope evryone is ok, and all your patience and dreams are paying dividend.
We arrived in Calgary almost 6 years ago on a work permit and eventually got our PR.s through 2 and a half years later.
Our whole intention was to start in Calgary (only place we could get work) and eventually end up in Ontario.
We have had a very rough time with many hoops and hurdles to leap over, but like I dare say most of you have been through what we have.
But our patience and persistence has paid off.
My wife has secured a Directors position and I am a successful Aerospace Eng' here in Ontario.
(If it can happen to us, it can happen to you.)
Stay tough and dig deep.
I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry christmas and a prosperous new year.
I am always here to offer any advice just as others did for me, and would especially like to hear how old friend such as samantha and deppfan etc are getting on.
Cheers all :drink:
Darren
Posted by:
darren
Free member

Postby Graeme » Mon 24 Dec 2012 00:12 GMT

Excellent news Darren , thanks for the update! You are a good example of how it can be done. Have a very merry xmas and a happy and prosperous new year.
Best wishes.
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Progress!