It is currently Sun 8 Dec 2019 07:39 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

British Pensioners in Malta/Gozo

Pensions and Health Care

Many of our members are pensioners, so here's a place to discuss the relevant issues.

Health care & pension payments

Postby Marg1412 » Wed 23 Aug 2006 11:59 GMT

Hi everyone
As said before there is a lot of very good information on this forum. My husband and I are thinking of coming to Malta for about 5 months at the beginning of October and renting while we make a definite decision about living in Malta altogether (now in Spain). I have phoned the Pensions Department in Newcastle and have been told that if we do move to Malta, my old age pension can be paid into a bank account there in the same way that I receive it in Spain. Also, for free health care cover, I just need to get the E121 forms again from Newcastle and take them to the relevant department in Malta the same as I had to do in Spain when I was in receipt of my pension at 60.
Hope this is of some interest to others who might be in a similar age group to ourselves (61 & 62).
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Marg1412
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 23 Aug 2006 12:05 GMT

Hi Margaret

I'm moving your posting to the Money Matters board as it relates to pensions etc, and doesn't belong on a thread about immigration and residency status.

Please read the guidelines and help us to keep the info in the right place and easy for others to find.

Thanks

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Marg1412 » Thu 24 Aug 2006 11:04 GMT

Hi Kay
Sorry about that - it was just that someone had already brought the subject up within the other thread. Point taken.
Margaret
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Marg1412
Free member

retired on Malta

Postby raph » Thu 5 Oct 2006 05:25 GMT

Hi Marg
Interested to see you are in Almeria-an area of particular interest to me, owing to its good climate.
However, I see you have in mind to come to Malta in October. Interesting. We (2 retirees-66 and 82) thinking of doing likewise, but in 2007. earliest could arrive wd be latish June which is maybe not a good time. want to rent initially to get familiar with the place, then rent long-term unfurnished.
why move from Spain to Malta?

We are both covered by Belgian sickness insurance fund. They wd issue us with new E121 forms on arrival in Malta. Just have to provide them with an address in new country of residence. Then you go to the Maltese MOH with yhur E121 form and they give you the appropriate paperwork with which to visit Maltese hospitals.
cheers
raph
Posted by:
raph
Free member

Postby Marg1412 » Thu 5 Oct 2006 06:40 GMT

Hi Raph
Thanks for info re E121. We are now in Malta. Arrived Monday and already enjoying it. The people are so friendly. Not sure where to answer your question re Almeria as this is Malta forum but you can Email me on McGillenM@Yahoo.co.uk if you wish.
Marg
Posted by:
Marg1412
Free member

Return to British Pensioners in Malta/Gozo