It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 04:57 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals

thinking of emigrating

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to the sunshine.

thinking of emigrating

Postby ems2208 » Wed 5 May 2010 08:32 GMT

Hi,

I had a gap year in Oz before I came to Uni and am really considering emigrating there in a few years if possible. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice when the best time to go is. I am still at Uni at the moment but graduating next month, and my boyfriend, who I would want to emigrate with, still has two years left at dental school. I have a job for next year but am also considering studying to become a teacher. Therefore we should both qualify for skilled workers visas I believe.

I was thinking the best time to emigrate would be in about 3 years so that my partner has had one years work experience as a dentist. However we will not be on the property ladder and am unsure whether we would be able to cope with the costs financially. I would really appreciate some advice on whether you think it would be feasible to move at this time.

Thanks
Posted by:
ems2208

Return to Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals