It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 06:34 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals

ACS assessment

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to the sunshine.

ACS assessment

Postby elaloha » Thu 17 Jun 2010 15:22 GMT

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm Laurent, 29 years from Belgium - I work as an IT Engineer.

I would like to apply under the Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) visa, so, I should get my skills assessed by the ACS [Australia Computer Society]

My doubts are the following:

1)
I have a 3 years degree with a major in IT + 4 year experience in IT
Out of my 4 years IT experience, I have worked 6 months as a computer repair technician.

Do you think it is worth applying to the ACS assessment or do you think the ACS won't consider these 6 months IT repair experience as relevant IT professional experience ?

2)
Besides, regarding the reference letter from my former employer:
If the letter is written by my ex-colleague, who is the IT department manager too, should I provide a chart company document which establishes the company's hierarchy, in goal to justify my colleague had an upper job position than me ?

According to ACS publications, my reference letter has to be written by my ex-employer or somebody authorized by my ex-employer.
If my reference letter is written by a colleague, I should provide evidence of his upper job position in the company.

I would be very grateful if you could help my out by giving me your lights on this doubt.
Thanks for your collaboration.

Best Regards,

Laurent
Posted by:
elaloha

Return to Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals