It is currently Sat 4 Apr 2020 19:10 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals

ACS assessment

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to the sunshine.

ACS assessment

Postby elaloha » Thu 17 Jun 2010 15:22 GMT

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm Laurent, 29 years from Belgium - I work as an IT Engineer.

I would like to apply under the Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) visa, so, I should get my skills assessed by the ACS [Australia Computer Society]

My doubts are the following:

1)
I have a 3 years degree with a major in IT + 4 year experience in IT
Out of my 4 years IT experience, I have worked 6 months as a computer repair technician.

Do you think it is worth applying to the ACS assessment or do you think the ACS won't consider these 6 months IT repair experience as relevant IT professional experience ?

2)
Besides, regarding the reference letter from my former employer:
If the letter is written by my ex-colleague, who is the IT department manager too, should I provide a chart company document which establishes the company's hierarchy, in goal to justify my colleague had an upper job position than me ?

According to ACS publications, my reference letter has to be written by my ex-employer or somebody authorized by my ex-employer.
If my reference letter is written by a colleague, I should provide evidence of his upper job position in the company.

I would be very grateful if you could help my out by giving me your lights on this doubt.
Thanks for your collaboration.

Best Regards,

Laurent
Posted by:
elaloha

Return to Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals