It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 04:38 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals

Visa Help

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to the sunshine.

Visa Help

Postby Welshy » Fri 9 Jul 2010 10:56 GMT

Hi everyone,

I have looked into the visa options and would appreciate some advice.

I work as a quantity surveyor (which is a profession sought by australia) and would like to work in australia. I have made contact with recruitment companies and they have advised that working holiday visas would be the best option.

One of the requirements for the WHV is that you need about $5k each. Is a necessity?

I do not have a job offer but from the people i've spoken to, the first question they ask is do i have a WHV. Can i just apply for the visa, wait for a job offer then go?

There are so many jobs out there I can't see that it would be difficult to get a job. Has anyone done it this way?

Any help greatly appreciated!

P.S I've been told that sponsorship for my type of job is rare if the candidate is already overseas
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Welshy
Free member

Return to Immigration, Visas, Residency, Medicals