It is currently Mon 17 Jun 2019 00:37 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Family and Pets

traveling to bulgaria with dogs and cats

... and other domestic issues. This forum is to deal with information about these issues. Anecdotes and updates about your family and pets should go in "The Rose", not here.

traveling to bulgaria with dogs and cats

Postby Debi » Mon 2 May 2011 18:57 GMT

Hi everyone

my partner and i are moving to bulgaria at the end of this month may 2011, we have 2 cats and 5 dogs and have decided to drive from england any advice on the best route for the dogs would be really helpful. we couldnt fly them over as our oldest dog is 13 now.

Bulgaria is a wonderful country and we cant wait to move we may need help when we get out their so i will be back on here again im sure.

Debi :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Debi
Free member

Postby Kay » Tue 3 May 2011 09:37 GMT

Hi Debi

Welcome to the forum. I hope some of our members in Bulgaria will be able to help you with some answers soon.

Kay 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Debi » Wed 28 Dec 2011 14:46 GMT

I didnt get any replies but we made it here and are very happy the animals love it and the locals are very helpful and friendly. We are able to speak some bulgarian now and have made some very good friends. A tip for any english people moving to a rural village like we have is if you try to learn the language and go to the local bar and shop at the local shop the community will help you with anything they can.
We would never think of going back to england now Mihaylovo is our home.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Debi
Free member

Postby Dave » Wed 28 Dec 2011 18:03 GMT

Thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to hear that things are working out so well for you - long may it last! 8-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Family and Pets