It is currently Fri 22 Mar 2019 16:13 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!
    Kay and Dave would like to wish all our readers with Irish connections a very happy St Patrick's Day!

Sci Fi

Dr WHO???!!

By popular request - here's a place to discuss your favourite Sci Fi stuff. (Can anyone think of a better word than "stuff"?)

Postby Graeme » Tue 19 Jul 2005 23:30 GMT

I liked the Dalek edition, which I guess was the final one. It was nice to see the old adversaries again, but the ending was a little weak when the Doctor metemorphasised. :)

Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby justajester » Wed 20 Jul 2005 17:45 GMT

Graeme, I watched the last few episodes with my 9 year -old grandsons and they loved it. Having not seen the first few, or watched any of the originals, they needed a bit of catching up on things. They are waiting now for the next series.

I think I've become jaded, because the series just didn't make a big smash with me. But then, I probably will watch the next series, so who knows...maybe it made more of an impression than I thought.
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby justajester » Fri 23 Sep 2005 21:27 GMT

Anyone seen the new 'new' Dr?
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby justajester » Tue 27 Dec 2005 22:18 GMT

Well, the new Dr Who series opener was on last night, and the world was once again saved from destruction and alien domination...with the help of a cup of tea.
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby Graeme » Wed 28 Dec 2005 01:04 GMT

Hi JaJ, I saw the dr Who show last night and although it was bit twee, I thought it was pretty good. Once again a cup of tea solves the problem who'd have thunk it?
:)
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby justajester » Sat 14 Oct 2006 01:04 GMT

Saw the new (ish) show Monday night. It was with the new Dr (sorry, I forgot his name) and I quite like him. I've almost forgotten what the other one looked like. I suppose if he was someone more familiar to me I would remember him. :? Rose was Rose, though. And that nasty piece of skin, Cassandra, was there...who'd have thought, eh? Anyway, just how far behind are we here in the colony?
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby justajester » Wed 20 Jun 2007 22:24 GMT

Well, the first show of the series without Billie Piper was on two nights ago. Title was "Smith and Jones", I believe. It featured aliens who looked liked rhinos. Not the best storyline, either, but I'm sure I'll watch it again, nonetheless.
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby Graeme » Thu 21 Jun 2007 00:55 GMT

I liked the idea of Plasmavores and an intergalactic police force (even if they did look like rhinos), as you say the story was a bit weak, but I'm sure to watch again, and again :lol:

I think we have plasmavores working in the hospital laboratory, they never seem to get enough of that red stuff.

Graeme :)
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby justajester » Sat 23 Jun 2007 00:18 GMT

Ah yes, but do they use straws, Graeme? :wink:
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Previous

Return to Sci Fi