It is currently Tue 18 Sep 2018 19:09 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Paraguay – Quick Quiz
    Paraguay, named after the river that flows centrally through it, is one of just two landlocked countries in the Americas. What else do you know about it?

Pets Corner

Importing a dog from the UK

All about your furry, feathered or scaly friends! This forum is to deal with information about these issues. Anecdotes and updates about your pets should go in The Knight and Rabbit, not here.

Moderator: gozomark

Re: Importing a dog from the UK

Postby gozomark » Thu 12 Feb 2015 15:33 GMT

wont say no to that :-)

I've updated the original post for new email address
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Mr Lally » Fri 13 Feb 2015 08:35 GMT

Some new changes came into effect as of 29/12/14 with regard to the pet passport scheme. Nothing major, but it has imposed a minimum age requirement (12 weeks) and a couple of other little things:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf

From experience, as we're moving in August when would be the best time to organise the pet passport for our Hank? I had thought we had to allow 6 months from the rabies vaccine, but I see that changed and now you only need to allow 21 days.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Mr Lally
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Fri 13 Feb 2015 09:26 GMT

yes, the rabies requirement is now 21-365 days from the injection

there is also a new type of passport - the old ones are still valid if issued prior to 29/12/14, but any new issued ones must be the new style

I would get passport done next time see the vet, its a quick procedure
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Mr Lally » Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:53 GMT

Thanks Mark
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Mr Lally
Supporter

Postby 1man2dogs » Fri 13 Feb 2015 16:20 GMT

My pleasure Mark,be good to get to know some people down there when I arrive and over a beer is always a good way to start :D

I've had my pre-notification forms all approved now but noticed in Alexess post that tracking sheets were mentioned? Can anyone shed any light on them for me.

Thanks for all the help,all the knowledge on here has made this whole process so much easier it's greatly appreciated!

See you in just under 7 weeks Gozo!!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
1man2dogs
Free member

Postby gozomark » Tue 17 Feb 2015 11:10 GMT

http://vafd.gov.mt/pet-travel-scheme

"We will book an officer following the information provided by the tracking sheet (page 2 of the application form) that will wait for you at the travellers’ point of entry and proceed for the inspection."
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby svale » Tue 26 Jun 2018 19:28 GMT

Quick question. Firstly the links to the relevant government site are incorrect. Could someone update. There is also a reference to a second form that needs to be completed apart from pre registration. Could someone throw some light on yhat

Thanks
Posted by:
svale
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Tue 26 Jun 2018 19:40 GMT

Sadly the government regularly revamps its websites, and fails to keep links active! ..https://agriculture.gov.mt/en/vrd/Pages ... malta.aspx
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby svale » Wed 27 Jun 2018 08:20 GMT

Could anyone throw some light about the second form required (not the one informing arrival)
Posted by:
svale
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Wed 27 Jun 2018 08:29 GMT

the link I posted is the government page - all that is required is mentioned there - things have changed in last few years
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pets Corner