It is currently Mon 14 Oct 2019 20:36 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

State schools/education

What do we need to do to get our child into a state school?

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

What do we need to do to get our child into a state school?

Postby dajbelshaw » Fri 6 Dec 2013 11:55 GMT

Hi everyone,

We - Hannah, my wife, our two children and I - are moving to Gozo for six months from February. Exciting times! :)

One of questions we've got seems to straddle several different boards, but I'll ask it here:

What do we need to do to get our six year-old into a state school?

I'm guessing we can't just rock up to the school without some kind of proof we're entitled in some way? Although the Residency status and immigration board is excellent in many respects, it doesn't seem to deal with this head-on.

Team Belshaw would very much appreciate guidance from anyone who's recently immigrated and got their kids into a state school!

Doug
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
dajbelshaw
Free member

Postby gozomark » Fri 6 Dec 2013 12:08 GMT

Up until a few weeks ago, it was necessary to apply for your eResidency cards and get a receipt on application. Now they seem to have relaxed that, but who knows what will be the system come February !

what you need to do is apply Ms White (25982464) she is the service manager responsible for all foreign students enrollment at the Ministry of Education. She will let you know what document you will need.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby dajbelshaw » Fri 6 Dec 2013 14:02 GMT

Mark, you absolute legend - thanks! :D

Doug
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
dajbelshaw
Free member

Return to State schools/education