It is currently Mon 23 Sep 2019 02:45 GMT
Change font size

Money matters

Advice on a British mans Will

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Advice on a British mans Will

Postby mrsruss » Sat 28 Jun 2014 11:40 GMT

Hello,

apologies if this is posted in the wrong area but I couldn't find where to put it!

My grandfather was a British man who was retired and lived on Gozo until he sadly passed away.
As his only living blood relatives, we have been trying to track down a copy of his will and death certificate which have been claimed by his girlfriend, but she seems to have disappeared with no contact.

My mother sent off 5 euros to the public registry office in Valletta to get a copy of a Will, but all we have been sent is a will number and the year it was made.

Can anyone shed any light as to what I can do next to get a copy? Or if there is anywhere/anyone I should be speaking to. It's a bit difficult to do this all from the UK!

Many thanks,
Posted by:
mrsruss

Postby Dave » Sat 28 Jun 2014 15:23 GMT

Hi, mrsruss, and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hopefully someone will be able to help with your query soon.

(I've shifted this to the Money Matters board as it seems the best place to deal with wills and inheritances. I've also deleted your other post as it's a duplicate of this one and risks starting two discussions on the same topic.)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby PeaCakes » Sat 28 Jun 2014 16:53 GMT

I would think go to a local notary and seek advice. If you are not in Malta you can email or call one for initial discussion.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
PeaCakes
Premium Member

Postby mickh911 » Mon 30 Jun 2014 18:29 GMT

you could try the british high commission in valletta
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... sion-malta
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
mickh911
Free member

Return to Money matters