It is currently Mon 23 Sep 2019 03:25 GMT
Change font size

New Zealand - Other

performing Arts/dance education in Bay of Plenty region

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not New Zealand-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

performing Arts/dance education in Bay of Plenty region

Postby friday » Sat 20 Mar 2010 16:47 GMT

Hi
Im new to forum and wondered if anyone can help me with the following: we are due to emigrate in September, my partner and our 2 teenage children. My oldest daughter(15, nearly 16) id due to start college in Somerset in sept to study performing arts, specifically to be a dancer, we are told she has quite a gift. Can not seem to find anything similar in the Bay of Plenty area, any ideas please, i dont want to have to leave her here if we cant sort out her future.

Thanks.
Posted by:
friday

Postby Kay » Sat 20 Mar 2010 17:01 GMT

I've shifted this topic because the "Moving to new Zealand" forum is, as it clearly says, for "All about the practicalities of physically moving to NZ". It's about the practicalities of shipping and stuff, it.s not intended for anyone who happens to be planning to relocate to NZ. Please be kind and give us the courtesy of reading before posting.

Thanks. Welcome to the forum, I hope your daughter makes a big success of her dance career. I love to watch great dancers. IMO Michael Jackson was great - a very weird person, for sure - but I think one of the world's best dancers. :)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Toonster » Thu 25 Mar 2010 09:19 GMT

Hiya,

Sorry for the late reply - things have been manic this week and I've not had much chance to get online :?

I don't know about Bay of Plenty, but I know that there is at least one good dance school in Auckland (news in our local paper about a couple of girls getting in) I'm not sure how practical it is to get from BoP to Auckland, though :(
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to New Zealand - Other