It is currently Sun 26 May 2019 21:41 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Iceland – Quick Quiz
    For such a small nation, Iceland has a lot of superlatives. How much do you know about this intriguing country on the north-western edge of Europe?

Which area?

Should we move our family to aukland?

North Island or South Island? Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or somewhere off the beaten track? So many choices... why not post here and discuss the options with others?

Should we move our family to aukland?

Postby jowailling » Mon 5 Mar 2012 21:01 GMT

Hi - We have two small children under 3 and are considering moving to aukland...We have become dissilusioned with uk life and the future it holds for our children and have a job offer.

Whats aukland like for small children? Whats the childcare like and where are the good areas if you have small kids..

Also whats the "traffic hell" at commute hour like from the north shore into the city? Is it really as bad as commuting into london on the train?

Any advice?

Thanks! :D
Posted by:
jowailling

Postby Toonster » Sat 10 Mar 2012 22:55 GMT

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I'm afraid that I'm Wellington based, rather than Auckland, so can't give you any help on your specific questions. Hopefully someone else will be along who can give you some more assistance.

Good luck with the move - we're loving being in NZ, so much better than the UK!
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Postby gail2802 » Thu 14 Jun 2012 11:51 GMT

Hi I'm new to the site too. We are in the same situation to you 2 young children under 3, I'd be interested in seeing how your journey goes in emigrating to New Zealand and any feedback you get on what its like for young children.

Gail
Posted by:
gail2802

Postby joemcgowan » Thu 21 Feb 2013 12:05 GMT

Why not!! Auckland is amazing! Not only that the weekly income in that region is much higher than the rest of the country.

[Self-promotional commercial link removed by Site Admin. - Dave]
Posted by:
joemcgowan

Return to Which area?