It is currently Fri 22 Mar 2019 16:04 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!
    Kay and Dave would like to wish all our readers with Irish connections a very happy St Patrick's Day!

Which area?

Were best to live

North Island or South Island? Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or somewhere off the beaten track? So many choices... why not post here and discuss the options with others?

Were best to live

Postby Stanley2012 » Mon 25 Jun 2012 17:39 GMT

Hi,
I have the chance to work in New Zealand and the company is based in Auckland, could anyone tell me were is the best place to rent a house, don't think i would like to live right in the centre of Auckland so the surrounding area's would be great but were?

Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Stanley2012
Free member

Postby Toonster » Fri 29 Jun 2012 09:06 GMT

Hiya!

I don't live in Auckland, so hopefully someone else can give you a better indication.

The only places I've been to are Parnell (lovely area, but from what people say, it's quite posh, so could be a very high cost of rental) and North Shore, which is a long way out from the center... (not sure what transport is like during rush hour).
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Which area?