It is currently Mon 14 Oct 2019 20:06 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

State schools/education

A levels of adult University entry

Here's the place to discuss schools in the state system. Private schools are commercially operated businesses just like any other, so they're included with all the other premium content. Any posts here about non-state schools will be removed.

A levels of adult University entry

Postby Arderd » Sun 17 Jul 2016 19:57 GMT

Hello everyone.

My son will be 18 when we move to Malta later this year and he is still in college. He is a year behind in private school in Brazil (due to a different schooling system than the UK) and so will be 18 but won't have finished a MATSEC or University entry level course. I'm a British citizen that has been living abroad a while, so my wife and child would come with me under freedom of movement and be entitled to free state provided education (as I understand it).

I have searched all over for information, but it is sketchy at best. I hear there are colleges, but the only college I could find was the University's. I think I can send him to a private school, but I'm not sure we would be able to afford that immediately. I am not sure he can go to a state school after 18? Could someone please help me and tell me what my options are?

It's one of the many things I've been searching for, and to be honest the forums here don't seem to have a lot of information sometimes so may be a bit of a fishing expedition.
Posted by:
Arderd

Return to State schools/education